GUIDELINES FOR ARTICLES ACCEPTANCE, REVIEWING AND PUBLISHING
1. These Rules are adopted in pursuance of the Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation dated July 25, 2014 No. 297 "On the approval of the rules for drawing up a list of peer-reviewed scientific publications on a notification basis, in which the main scientific results of dissertations for the degree of Ph.D., for the degree of Doctor’s degree and requirements for peer-reviewed scientific publications for inclusion into the list of peer-reviewed scientific publications, in which the main scientific results of dissertations for the Doctor’s degree must be published.
The purpose of the Rules is to ensure the high quality of scientific articles published in the «Scientific Journal of the Far Eastern State Technical Fisheries University».
2. Articles that have scientific novelty, relevance, and practical significance, corresponding to the requirements established in the journal for the content and submission of scientific articles are accepted for publication in the journal. Articles that are extremist and contain biased and incorrect assessments of other scientific works are not accepted for publication.
By sending an article to the editorial office of the journal, the author grants the publisher of the Far Eastern State Technical Fisheries University the non-exclusive gratuitous right to publish the article and post its electronic version on the Internet with the ability to access it from anywhere in the world. The author retains the copyright for the work.
3. A scientific article received by the editorial office of the journal is reviewed for compliance with the specialization and scope of the journal, as well as the current "Requirements for Article Submissions" and the volume of borrowings. Articles that do not meet these requirements are rejected. If the volume of borrowings exceeds 30%, the article is rejected and a report with the results of verification is sent to the author.
4. The editorial board of the journal "Scientific Journal of the Far Eastern State Technical Fisheries University" reviews all materials submitted to the editorial board, corresponding to the subject of the publication, for the purpose of expert evaluation. All reviewers must be recognized experts on the subject of the peer-reviewed materials and have, within the last 3 years, publications on the subject of the peer-reviewed article. Members of the editorial board of the journal and specialists from other institutions of higher education or scientific organizations can be involved as reviewers.
The editorial board of the journal "Scientific Journal of the Far Eastern State Technical Fisheries University" uses the principle of one-sided blind peer review.
5. The editorial board of the journal "Scientific Journal of the Far Eastern State Technical Fisheries University" in the person of the executive secretary sends copies of reviews or a reasoned refusal to the authors of the submitted materials.
6. Reviews are stored in the publishing house and the editorial office of the publication for 5 years.
7. The editorial office of the publication sends copies of the reviews to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation upon receipt of the corresponding request to the editorial office of the publication.
8. The reviews are kept in the editorial office for 5 years and can be presented at the request of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and (or) the Higher Attestation Commission.
The review must contain a qualified analysis of the article submitted for peer review, an objective and reasoned assessment of it, as well as reasonable recommendations for editing the text of the manuscript in case of errors and inaccuracies.
The review covers the following aspects: the general nature of the material in the article submitted for reviewing, scientific novelty, presentation of the material (structure of the article) and the scientific and practical significance of the study results.
9. Based on the results of peer review, an article can be:
- accepted for publication;
- sent for revision with subsequent re-review;
The executive secretary of the journal notifies the author of the decision made. The author is provided with a copy of the review, recommendations for revising the material or rejection reasons.
The author finalizes the article in accordance with the comments of the reviewer, the new version is sent to the reviewer for re-review.
10. The author may disagree with separate recommendations of the reviewer. In this case, he sends to the editorial office reasoned objections in writing. By the decision of the editor-in-chief, the article can be sent for re-review to another reviewer.
The final decision to publish an article is made by the editor-in-chief, in disputable cases - at a meeting of the editorial board.
11. Articles recommended for publication are edited and proofread: technically and literary processed (if necessary). Editing does not distort the meaning of the article. The article layout prepared for publication in PDF format is sent to the authors for approval.
12. The next issue of the journal includes articles which have positive reviews and all the necessary documentation (application, consent to publication and expert opinion) at the beginning of the layout of the journal issue. The preferential right for publication is given to articles made within the framework of a government order / grant.
If the number of articles recommended for publication exceeds the volume of the corresponding section, the editorial board decides to publish the article in the next issues of the journal and sends the author a message about the estimated timing by e-mail. At the request of the author, the editorial board can issue a certificate that the article has been accepted for publication and will be included in one of the next issues of the journal.
13. When the issue of the journal is published, the executive secretary places it on the website of the publisher and notifies the authors about it. The issue of the journal is sent for publication to the Scientific electronic library: eLibrary and other electronic library systems. The editorial board is not responsible for the timing of the journal issue publication in electronic library systems.